We’re an equal opportunity employer and participate in E-verify. NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
To complete the employment application click on the “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION” button at the bottom of this page. The employment application will open in a new window. You can either Print or Download the employment application to your computer using the toolbar at the top of the Document Page. Complete the form and send it to us by
We occasionally have job openings for the following positions
Garden Center Team Member
Status: Full and Part Time
Wage: Hourly, depending on experience.
Full and part time seasonal sales positions are available in our retail garden centers with extended hours in the spring and summer months and reduced hours thereafter. The ideal candidate will be able to work afternoons and weekends. The primary function of this position is to welcome clients with a cheerful attitude and assist them in determining and choosing their products. The preferred candidate is knowledgeable in all product categories and services and has the ability to share this knowledge with our clients by suggesting products and merchandise that will meet the client’s needs. The position requires teamwork as well as the ability to work independently in a time efficient manner. An eye for design and color is useful to assist our clients in choosing plant combinations for their gardens.
- Actively seek out ways that the customer can be better served.
- Follow through on customer complaints/comments/compliments, acknowledging them and taking further action when needed.
- Greet customer in a timely and friendly manner.
- Anticipate customer needs and willingly assist the customer by opening the door, getting a tray/box/cart, carrying product to car, etc.
- Possess and further develop effective listening and communications skills.
- Answer the telephone in a polite, enthusiastic manner.
- Listen to the caller and direct the call to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for learning the sun/shade and watering requirements for all plant products.
- Learn suggested selling skills (i.e. potting soil, mulch, etc.)
- Be aware of all current sales and/or promotions.
- Accurately and efficiently complete sales transactions and maintain proper accountability on register.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all plant products (hard goods also, where applicable)
- Straighten and consolidate plant products as needed, keeping displays full, neat and clean.
- Deadhead and maintain plants for best appearance.
- Water plants as directed.
- Assist in day-to-day store functions, including store maintenance and housekeeping. Complete daily tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- A high school degree or GED is preferred. Knowledge of horticulture, landscape design, flowers, plants and vegetables is also preferable.
- Candidate must be able to read and write.
Work Environment: This position is located in the greenhouse and nursery and therefore the employee must be able to withstand hot and/or cold temperatures, able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly and able to stand for long periods of time.
- E-MAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume is welcome to accompany completed application form.
- Mail to: Perfection Lawn & Landscape, LLC, Attn: Human Resources, 1505 West Reservoir Ave., Central City, KY 42330